Pop has grown so much since I first came in August. It's been fun to watch him grow and change. He'll be walking in no time.The past couple of weeks I've gotten to visit my Senegalese family with friends. It's been great to introduce some of my friends from school to my family and to Senegalese culture. I love watching people enjoy being here. Even with the language barrier, we can all laugh and have a good time.
Sharing a bowl of rice and fish, my favorite Senegalese meal. It is so good even though it looks really messy. Just looking at the picture I can almost taste those spices. I was so happy I got to share this with my friends.
Khadi, this is for you. Papa is so much bigger but not too big for "sac of ceeb." Wish you could see them.Last week, one of my teammates from two summers ago was in Dakar. She and her husband were flying through on their way to their mission field in another part of West Africa. It was great to catch up with her and hear about what God has done in her life since that summer.
She was also a huge encouragement to me while she was here. It was good to reminisce about things that happened during the summer. Sometimes being here is hard, and I forget that there are other people praying for me and my Senegalese family. The going is slow in sharing with them, but she reminded me that we have hope in Someone greater and that the story I have to share is worth the time and effort. She got me excited again. It was great to have her here even though it was only for a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment