The school's director has encouraged us with Acts 13:47, "For this is what the Lord has commanded us, 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " That is an awesome task, and I'm glad to be a part of it. But really, the call is for all believers everywhere.
I really think the theme is cyclical. Jesus comes in and shapes us. In the process, we begin to shine His light around us. That, in turn, enables us, by the grace of God, to help shape the lives of those around us. Keep the cycle going!
Because I'm a teacher, my year really seems to begin with the start of school. So, with the start of the new year, determine to shine for Jesus wherever you are at and see what God will do through you.
God has been teaching me to pray with expectancy. As I ask Him to shine in and through me, I expect things to happen. I know that He has big plans in store, and I just keep asking to be a part of it. The beauty is that I already know it's what I've been called to. Check out Acts 13:47 again. It's your calling, too! Join me in proclaiming the Good News wherever God has placed you!
No comments:
Post a Comment