Well, it may not be the Christmas look I'm used to, but I am thankful I got to help decorate one of my friends apartments as well as my own. It's been challenging to get in the Christmas spirit here because Christmas isn't as big of a deal here. I don't know that that's a terrible thing. At least, the focus of the season isn't on gifts, gifts, gifts. It makes me stop and really reflect on what the true meaning of Christmas is. I do miss the lights and decorations and the atmosphere of Christmas in the states, though. I am looking forward to being with my parents for the holidays.

This Christmas tree was in our back courtyard when we got here. It was in need of some help, though. The top was completely broken off, but we thought for sure some duck tape would fix it. Well, it turns out duck tape alone is not a fix-all. Can anyone say "A Charlie Brown Christmas"?

This is our repaired Christmas tree that is decorated and ready for the holidays. My roommate duck taped a stick to it, and "wa-la" it's fixed. I'm very thankful for the people who loaned us some ornaments and decorations. It feels a little bit more like Christmas.

This is our dining table set for Christmas. It even has a plate of cookies. All that's missing is a note to Santa and a glass of milk.

Even our lamp man gets in the Christmas spirit with his nice red bow tie. Little drummer boy?

My roommate fixed up the entry to our living room while I decorated the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, it didn't last very long. Nothing really sticks to these walls. But, it looked nice for a little while, and we both got pictures before it fell down.
I miss storytime with Seynabou! I need some family updates girl!
ReplyDeleteOh, and by the way, I'm ENGAGED!!!! :D Sam proposed on chirstmas! You gotta tell the family!
Love you Seynabou! Lets Skype some time soon, I want updates on everything thats going on!
-Brooke