Sunday, November 15, 2009

Namonala Khadi

These pictures are for Khadi Sylla, my roommate from two summers ago. She called yesterday to talk to the family, and they loved it. Even though, they couldn't talk to each other very much because of the language barrier, they enjoyed it because they know that Khadi loves them.
Khadi, wish you could be here to see them in person. They do, too! Until a time when you can, enjoy the pictures. Namonala, suma xarit!

Pop misses Khadi! Okay, so maybe he was just being a little fussy, but if he knew Khadi, he would miss her. Also, notice that he is sitting up by himself. This is new, but he can't do it for very long. I'm excited about getting to see all of the stages of his development.

"Khadi, nomonala! Cana nyo fi ci Senegal?" (Khadi, I miss you! When are you coming to Senegal?)

This is Yandeye lecturing Khadi about visiting. "Warnga nyo ci Senegal com Seynabou!" (You need to come to Senegal like Seynabou!)

Papa wanted to talk to Khadi, too. He wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but he was excited to talk on the phone. He just kept repeating, "Mangi ni." (I am here.)

1 comment:

  1. Seynabou! I miss them so much! thank you for posting pictures. Pop is adorable!and papa is so big!!!! he looks older! I would LOVE to come and visit, enshalla. Im so glad I got to talk to them. it really was the highlight of my week. I love them so much. I check your blog all the time, I love hearing updates! :D

    Khadi :D

    ReplyDelete