I spent Saturday with my Senegalese family, just sitting around. It was great. Sometimes I really feel like a little kid when I go to visit them, and this week was no exception. After lunch, they "put me down for a nap." They told me to lie down for awhile. Then, one of them asked another woman in the house a few minutes later if I was asleep. When she told her I wasn't, she told me to go to sleep. I felt like a four year old who gets caught trying to skip nap time. I almost felt like my mom or dad was going to show up and give the sign for me to shut my eyes.
I really don't mind it, though. In fact, the slow pace is one of the things I love the most about going to visit them. I'm very thankful I can go and hang out there without even calling to let them know I'm coming.
Muhammed was trying out his dad's sunglasses. They're a little big, but he was playing it cool, munching on his apple.
Muhammed really wanted to put the baby on his back. I don't know why because that's not something men do, but the women let him do it for a second. What you can't see in this picture is the baby's mother ready to grab the baby as soon as the picture was taken. Look at Pop's face; he's not so sure about this, either.
lol, I remember being forced to sleep at ur house, I think I actually did though ;-)
ReplyDeletelove you, girl! Thanks for the updates!!